Sunday, June 22, 2014

Re-purposed Vanity

Oh how I LOVE my new nightstands!!  I purchased a well used, vintage vanity from Pete's Furniture & Antique Barn that I absolutely love for my newest project. My plan is to cut the center out and add a fresh coat of paint and be done.

Well, the project turned into a little more than I anticipated! All that fancy little scroll work that you see in this picture....well, its veneer.
before

I chiseled away ( with only mild damage), sanded and painted.

Now to add some color, I "hid" my damaged spots with the bird and a couple stencils.

I now have beautiful nightstands that match my color scheme/decor in my bedroom.



before and after

Next up, I'm on the hunt for a chest of drawers then Ill be ready to move on to a new project!

1 comment:

  1. I need some new decorating done at my home! Come on over Martha JR.! I love these! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete