Saturday, March 2, 2013

Bedroom Makeover

I'm back! I've let my blog go way to long! Now that Pintrest is the thing and facebook has me busy playing Gladys from Bewitched, I've neglected my blog way to much. Time to kick things into gear.

Now Pintrest, how many people look at this site? TONS! Because there are just too many people talking about it, getting ideas, sharing ideas and most of all great recipes! I saw this idea on there when I was looking for a way to hide an exterior door that's in the house that we rent. When I clicked on the picture, it was a spam website. Hmmm with that I decided to create it myself and blog about how I did it.
Now I can't just do that and not do a complete remodel on the bedroom,right? RIGHT! So here goes!

First measure your room - floor to ceiling if you are not attaching this to your bed. You will need a sheet of 1/2" plywood or another form of hardwood, I used an old ping pong table top. Add a couple coats of primer. Let dry for 24-48 hours. Stretch shower curtain and staple to back.I ordered my shower curtain from EBay and saved several dollars!




 There you have it, your custom headboard!

 
Now that I have a new look here I had to refinish an old dresser to match the new headboard. A couple coats of gloss black, some new knobs and pulls and a painted marble look top and I am ready to roll!
Now after a trip to JC Penney's for bedding and a stop off at Gordmans I have a newly redecorated bedroom all for under $200.00! Here's the before and after look.
And I can not forget one unique touch I added. I had a canvas laying around and some almost empty cans of spray paint, do you see where I'm going with this?  ☺
 That's all for today folks!
 
Enjoy and thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment