Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'm Still Kickin'

WOW! First off I need to say, man, was that a vacation from blogging! :)  I have got to get my tail in gear and keep it going., I have so much to tell that it would take all day, heck it would take all month!

To start off with I want to say welcome to 2011 and to new beginnings. What was your New Years resolution? Well, mine was a big step! Quit smoking! I didn't get started until last Monday because of being scared. I didn't want to set myself up for failure. So, after my dentist appointment and a deep cleaning, I thought no better time than now. So that's pretty much it. I'm using the patches and it seems to be helping. The biggest challenge in this is to keep yourself busy to occupy your habit. Instead of a smoke, I jump on the treadmill or grab a bottle of water with a straw. May sound funny but it is working! Now the hard thing is drinking my coffee in the early morning hours while walking on the treadmill, listening to some tunes on my iPod. HA!  I must  remember that coffee is HOT!
Usually people are scared of failure when trying to kick a habit or as in this case, weight gain. Yep, my two fears too so the treadmill is helping with that as well is the water.  Plus some friends have been wanting me to do the Dam to Dam run with them in early June, so since I will definitely be an ex~smoker by then, I should be able to do it. Until then I have a few 5K's to look forward to.

Whew, I sure am rattling ain't I?  Well, what else do you expect from me, right! ( wink)

My camera has been busy! I've done a beautiful wedding, A visit with Santa session and several family sessions lately. Not to mention that I have found some new dilapidated houses and tons of eagles lately. It's Eagle time in Iowa for sure! Here are a couple pictures of the bird that captures my heart. Enjoy! Check back next weekend and read my latest! ( I will not let you down!!)






No comments:

Post a Comment