Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm back!!

Dear Blog,
 I'm sorry I have let you down and not wrote on you in a while. Wow, it's been over a month now since I seen you. You are still as important as always (wink,wink) Let me fill you in on what's been going on!

I'm still kicking! Well, at least for now. That is if my niece don't over do it with me on this marathon training. We clocked ourselves the other day at 95 minutes for walking 6.4 miles. Now, that may not seem all that great but, we were fighting the wind the entire time. This is Iowa you know and the wind here in April is terrible! Gina was on hand to snap a couple pictures as we were getting ready.

Speaking of pictures! A friend of mine has just opened her studio in Burlington so it was time to get some new pictures of me. New, who am I kidding, I have only had professional pictures taken once in the last 8 years. I needed some to show off some of my progress on this weight loss/training that I'm into. It's such a big thing for me at this point in my life to get into a healthier living mode. So here it is peeps- ME!
Kidding!

That's a good friend of mine and he is only dressed that way because of a Queen contest at the bar in Salem that him and his wife own.

Now no more kidding.Here was my sneak peek at her expertise!






                       Once again GREAT job Amy ! I ♥ the pictures and had a blast working with you!
OK blog, back to some updates. I have now officially lost 59 lbs. and have dropped 5, that's right 5 jean sizes. I didn't start out measuring inches but let me tell you they are falling off! The training has paid off. I want to send out a big thanks to Amanda for inspiring me to DO IT! ( and a couple other gals from work - Jodi and Toni) now we just have to get through the Dam to Dam in Des Moines in June. Room is booked and registration will be complete tomorrow, here I come!  The Racing For The Cure and Susan Komen Race For The Cure that I'm doing in April and May are going to be a piece of cake compared to Des Moines. Come on Megan keep pushing while we walk/run.
For some cardio and strengthening, I still have the faithful hula hoop that I use every morning, it seems to get me going at 5am! At night it's the stability ball and a few resistance band workouts. Whew, anyone up for a boxing match? I'm telling you I have muscles now. My calves and arms have pumped up a bit. Enough of that now on for some home updates.

I bet you are also wondering about my house and yard, huh Jess. Well, I will post some pictures soon. I have started planting flowers and will be putting up my pool and a gazebo soon. ( thanks Deb) My yard is going to be great! Now I just have to get that grill!

I got to see a good friend last week. Michelle dropped by work to say hi. I miss you so much girl and you look fantastic!  I will have to get to Oklahoma for a visit sometime this summer!

last week was also busy for a photo shoot that I had at the Art Walk in Fairfield. Here's a couple that I took of a girl I work with and her partner doing their fire dancing. Amazing talent!!! 






Again amazing talent!!!

Now dearest blog, do you see why I haven't taken the time to visit. I promise to do better.

Here's something that I have came accustomed to lately - achievement, after all that's what it's all about!

Sometimes achievement lies in the honest endeavor to do best under all circumstances, knowing that on any given day, intense personal effort may be the only thing that separates you from your competition.

1 comment:

  1. What a hottie! Love the professional photos. The Art Walk photos remind me of the fun time we had at the Italian Art Walk. You totally should have won the photo contest ... you were robbed. ;o)

    ReplyDelete