Monday, April 26, 2010

Back Yard gatherings

My move started in December and I'm finally getting everything in place.  My house was done until I went to my sisters and seen how "springy" her home looked. When I got home I decided to lighten things up here. Down came the dark, dreary winter curtains, out came the spray paint for flower pots, new curtains and throw pillows and  a couple refreshing pictures. And not to forget fresh cut lilacs!    Ah, much better now!

As you know I've been working hard to get my yard ready for summer. Well, I'm almost there. The gazebo is up,  
flowers are planted, gradings done for the pool,

sand has been delivered and call before you dig has marked the yard. Now it's time to level sand, put up the fence and set the pool. It won't be long now.
I thought it would be fun to name my little retreat. Jess has helped me out with something a little catchy.

I hyphenated it due to the fact that I can do what I set out to do. So if you're in the neighborhood drop in for a visit and a tasty cocktail.

Next weekend I will be celebrating my 29th birthday.....OK so it's really my 45th birthday but who's counting, right?  To me it's another year that I have had accomplishments to be grateful for.  My saying is - "If you wake up with air in your lungs and your feet hit the floor, life is good!" Let's live people! 

Jess, see you when you get here if I don't make it to the sunshine state first!!

8 comments:

  1. Party on Rockstar!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring out the cocktails - I am so there. I absolutely love all your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina,
    Love the looks of your home, looks so homey and bright but I still think you need the guy with the short shorts to help you with the yard work!!!

    We are doing fine in NY, just waiting for some nice weather.
    Keep in touch.

    All the best,
    Janet from Madison NY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Janet that is too funny! Amanda and Bonnie - I will see you at the Can~Tina this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara and I think you are amazing...so talented! You made that place look a million times better than when you arrived. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Deb & Kara - now I will make sure you get the invite for the first "gathering" !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!! Your place is soooo adorable!! It looks so cozy! I hope to come at the end of summer & plan on visiting CAN-TINA right away! The whole set up looks great & I'm sure you will have such a fun time there this summer! love it all!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for you to come over Jess.It's going to be fun!! Bring your swimsuit the pool will be nice by then. I will have some tasty cocktails planned for your visit!

    ReplyDelete