Sunday, April 13, 2014

Love those old french doors!

Oh how I love old shabby doors! I kept noticing several of my friends posting on Facebook the old french doors hung on walls with pictures behind them. Seeing this made me want some doors and it just so happened that a friend of mine had 2. I went to her house and picked them up. Now to put my  creative thinking hat on and come up with a plan. Anyone that knows me, knows I like something a little different!

Off to my favorite store ~ HOBBY LOBBY! I purchased some chalkboard paint and then I started looking for colored chalk. Much to my surprise...they now have chalk markers!!
http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/fluorescent-bistro-chalk-marker-set-103960/
 Oh boy am I going to have fun with these.
Time for the fun to begin. I applied 3 coats of Krylon chalkboard spray paint to every other pane. Remember to let dry in between coats. I let dry about 1 hour to assure a good cure.

I measured my wall and anchored it to the wall in each corner ( this thing is a beast) I then started with some creativity for each pane. Since its spring and Easter is just around the corner, that was my theme.
Lori and Toni were visiting and didn't realize they were actually going to be helping, at least with the hanging! As I said it was a heavy beast. Lori was the first to draw and chose to draw a bunny......hmmmmm really, a purple bunny. :)  I did erase the bunny tail and made it a fluffy white one for her. I also have to give her credit, she drew this without looking at a picture as I did!
I then glued some scrabble tiles on , made a couple wreaths out of artificial grass I had laying around added a bird, chicks, butterfly and this project is complete.
this is a close up of all the bottom panes
close up of the top panes


I'm looking forward to decorating each season and holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment