Sunday, June 27, 2010

♥'n the look

Time for a little decorating! I had these end tables made for my tiny living room to add to the "rustic " look. It's amazing what some pine wood, a little paint and some crackle can do. Then I had to have a somewhat matching coffee table. SO I took an old door I had , cut it, added these cool legs ( candles holders from Hobby Lobby's 80% off isle) and I have a semi-matching coffee table. When mom came over to see all my living room she defined it as "shabby- chic".  I ♥ the new look.

Now moving on to the bedroom. I picked up this screen door at a junk sale and turned it into a headboard. I had the vinyl lettering so I added a little spray paint and some greenery and walla, a new look. Next for the bedroom is to strip down the dresser and chest of drawers. Pictures on that project to come soon.
It's fun getting back into my decorating style and  much fun to see what I can come up with!

I had friends over for dinner last weekend. We grilled out and sat in the CAN~tina for some adult beverages and catching up. What fun!
Feast your eyes on this spread! Grilled beef and onion kabobs, fresh salad, right from Deb;s garden, mixed veggies that were to die for and garlic buttered rice, can you hear me saying yum, yum!

Thanks again Deb and Kara for a very fun night.

Now if the rain will just stop I can go on a float trip in the river instead of the back yard!

2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh that is too funny!!!! Love all the new decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look. The screen headboard is amazing. Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve as far as design. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete